The Cattaraugus-Allegany WIB is a not-for-profit corporation. Our Board Office is staffed with an Executive Director, a Fiscal and Program Monitor and an Administrative Assistant. Among the responsibilities of the Board and its staff are:
- Conducting fiscal and programmatic oversight and monitoring of all sub-recipients of WIA funds in accordance with WIA rules and regulations to ensure that performance and accountability is met for the appropriate expenditure of public funds for successful programmatic outcomes.
- Developing the information needed to make informed policy decisions, establishing and disseminating Board policies, and setting up and managing finance and accountability systems.
- Promoting a cohesive workforce development system with strong ties to economic development, business, labor, and education and training sectors. Ensuring that the system is supported by its partners and is operating in an effective manner.
- Identifying the area’s workforce development needs, brokering customized business services related to workforce development and either authorizing Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funds and/or pursuing other resources to meet business and job-seeker needs.
- Approving WIA-funded training providers and maintaining “report cards” related to the quality of provider training.
- Developing and maintaining current local labor market information.